Muslce Power, Vol 19 No 8, Page 13, September 1956
Professional Mr Universe
|Class 1 - Over 5'8"|
|Class 2 - Under 5'8"|
|2||John Isaacs||South Afreica|
|Class 1 - Over 5'9"|
|3||Paul Smit||South Africa|
|Class 2 - From 5'6" through 5'9"|
|Class 3 - 5'6 and under"|
|3||Paul An||South Viet Nam|
ORGANISED by the National Amateur Bodybuilders Association of Great Britain, the Amateur and Professional Mr. Universe Meets for 1956 were held on June 15th and 16th in London England, at the famous Palladium Theater. The results were resounding victories for Weider Pupils Jack Delinger and Ray Schaefer.
Jack Triumphed over the last minute entry Bill Pearl, who is a recent Mr. U.S.A. title winner, and former Amateur Mr Universe and Mr America. The vote in Jack's favor was unanimous. Ray Schaefer was a standout as the Amateur Mr Universe victor.
Below are the complete results of the meet in each class. Our companion magazine MUSCLE BUILDER will carry a complete report of the event plus a full behind-the-scenes coverage, and will then follow on with the story of the Mr Universe title and the men who have won it, together with their personal histories and training routines.
- Left, Jack Delinger shows biceps to charming Shelia Saunders. Below he gives a short speech after his Mr Universe victory. "I want to thank this wonderful British audience, the completely fair judges and my friend Joe Weider who made my win possible."
- Amateur Mr Universe Ray Schaefer poses proudly for enthusiastic audience.
- Gallant loser Bill Pearl, beaten into runner's up place by Jack Delinger.
- 1956 Pro Mr. Universe Jack Delinger takes trophy from star Billy Anthony. Meet was reall Weider Triumph.
- Muscles on muscles is the theme of Ray Schaefer's posing for the Muscle Power camera in London contest.
- Weider Pupils lead the field again. Jack Delinger and Ray Schaefer are sterling examples of our methods.
If you find these articles interesting and useful, please